Super Sessions have been organized around topics of particularly high interest to the power engineering community. The presenters in each session are our industry’s recognized experts and visionaries. Please join us for these three sessions that should prove to give you keen new insights into the directions our industry is moving.
Design for Resiliency
Tuesday, April 15, 3:15 – 5:15 pm
Design for resiliency practices are aimed to reduce the impacts of storms by identifying ways to make the system more resilient. That prepares the delivery system for serious events and can include traditional tree trimming, undergrounding, system design changes, and proactive maintenance. During storm response, on the other hand, utilities can proactively prepare for the storms by employing smart grid technologies, scheduling maintenance crews, augmenting crew staffing levels through mutual assistance and contractor outreach and creating power restoration plans. In this session we will cover innovative approaches and futuristic programs/analytical research to design a resilient and robust grid.
Shay Bahramirad; Manager of Smart Grid and Technology, ComEd, Adjunct Professor, Illinois
Institute of Technology
- Mark McGranaghan; VP of Smart Grid, EPRI
- Steve Pullins; Strategy Officer, Green Energy Corp
- Kenneth Mercado; SVP of Market and Operation, Center Point Energy
- Mariesa L. Crow, Fred Finley Distinguished Professor, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- John McDonald; Director, Technical Strategy & Policy Development, GE