Southeastern Electric Exchange's 2014 Annual Conference and Trade Show has been announced for June 25-27, 2014, in Orlando, Florida. The theme, "Something Old, Something New," is reflective of the challenge our industry faces as it finds new ways to innovatively meet 21st century expectations while relying on 20th century assets. Conference presenters and industry partners will share information on practices, processes and perspectives aimed at assisting you in overcoming your challenges and achieving your goals.
The SEE Conference Website, http://www.theexchange.org/conference.html, provides everything needed to plan your trip. Please continue reading for a list of important action items and web-links.
ACTION Items and List of Links:
1. CONFERENCE SCHEDULE & SESSION INFO - To view conference events and session agendas go to http://www.theexchange.org/conferenceagenda.html (agendas displayed include General Session, Distribution, Environmental & Production, Finance & Accounting, Real Estate & Right of Way, Substation, Supply Chain, Transmission-Line, and Transportation).
2. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE - The Golf Tournament will be held Tuesday, June 24 at 8:00 am. Trade Show and General Session begin Wednesday, June 25 at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm, respectively. All sessions end by or before Noon on Friday, June 27, though please note that many Friday morning sessions are closed/utility personnel only.
3. HOTEL RESERVATIONS – We have a special rate at two hotels. Other options may be added – contact me if you experience any difficulties making a reservation over conference dates at the following hotels.
a) Hyatt Regency Orlando (host hotel). All sessions will be held here.
Address: 9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
Web: www.orlando.regency.hyatt.com (the link for reservations is below – 2nd bullet)
o S.E.E. Rate: $169 single/double; $189 triple; $209 quadruple. Children under 16 stay free when sharing a room with a parent and using existing bedding.
o Reservation Link (for utility guests only): https://resweb.passkey.com/go/SEE2014, along with the special password SEEExhibit14. Currently the group rate is only available for Wednesday and Thursday nights; cut off for group rate is June 2, or earlier if the block fills up.
o Self parking is currently $16+tax per 24 hrs and valet parking day/overnight is $26+tax.
b) Hyatt Place Orlando Convention Center (overflow hotel).
Address: 8741 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819; (Access to Host hotel via covered walkway from Hyatt Place through Convention Center to Hyatt Regency)
Web: http://orlandoconventioncenter.place.hyatt.com (the link for reservations is below – 2nd bullet)
o S.E.E. Rate - $149 single/double; $159 triple; $169 quadruple (complimentary breakfast included in rate)
o Reservation link: http://orlandoconventioncenter.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html?corp_id=G-SEEE Rate is available until June 2 or until block is filled, whichever comes first.
o Parking – complimentary self parking
Travel time from Orlando International Airport (MCO) to hotels is approximately 15 minutes. Taxis are readily available.
4. REGISTRATION - The registration fee is $475 for members and $575 for non-members through April 30. Thereafter, fees increase to $500/$600 through June 13. After June 13, the fee increases to $525/$625. Fees can be paid by check or credit card and forms can be submitted electronically, by mail or fax. To download a registration form or register on-line via our secure portal go to http://www.theexchange.org/registration.html.
5. GE GOLF TOURNAMENT (Tuesday, 8:00 shotgun start Shingle Creek Golf Club) - Participation is free for utility personnel, compliments of GE. Non-utility personnel may register at the $145 tournament fee. Space is limited. The Golf registration form gives you the option of choosing from 1 to 3 partners, but note that each person in the foursome needs to register on his own. If you do not select partners, we will put you in an appropriate group based on your handicap. Link: http://www.theexchange.org/conferencegolf.html
6. TRADESHOW - will showcase 110 exhibit booths from leading industry partners. Take a look at the companies that will be exhibiting and plan to visit them: http://www.theexchange.org/floorplan.html .
7. ACTIVITIES – Aside from our Welcome reception from 5:00 to 7:30 PM on Wednesday, there are no S.E.E. activities planned in the evenings. *Note: All Hospitality Suites, Client Dinners, etc. must be scheduled on Tuesday evening, or AFTER show hours on Wednesday evening or Thursday evening and cannot conflict with any Conference Sessions.* If you are traveling with family, we have added a “Local Attractions” tab with listings for nearby restaurants, local attractions and special pricing on tickets to Walt Disney World and Universal. http://www.theexchange.org/conferencelocalattractions.html,
You will be happy to note that the following special recognition paragraph went out to SEE utility members...
8. SPONSORS - Our sponsors contribute greatly towards an enjoyable conference experience and help us to keep registration fees below industry standard. Link: http://www.theexchange.org/sponsorships.html. Please take time to speak to representatives of these companies or click on the company logos to find out more about each one. We look forward to another successful conference with active participation from our members and industry partners. Please pass this information on to others in your company who would benefit from attending.