Elster Solutions has announced the availability of a new compendium focused on helping utilities achieve the best possible return on their meter data investments. The eight-chapter guide was developed in collaboration with Smart Grid News, utilities involved with deploying smart grid solutions and industry technology leaders.
Titled The Executive Guide to Unlocking the Full Value of Your Meter Data, the book covers the critical issues facing the utility industry today as it evolves to a business environment where success depends on leveraging data to drive better results. From connecting meter data to the people and processes that need it, to connecting the technology of today with that of tomorrow, the book presents insights, best practices and tips designed to help utilities achieve their business transformation objectives over the next decade.
A few of the topics discussed as part of the guide include:
- Four things to look for in a workflow solution
- 20 questions to ask before you buy a smart meter
- The top characteristics of the next-generation grid communication network
- 3D interoperability: Why utilities should make the leap and reap the benefits
- The three ultimate goals of AMI security and how to achieve them
- Rethinking smart grid data analytics for tactical and strategic advantage
- How managed services can smooth the path to grid modernization
- A sneak peak at the smart grid of the future
In addition to Elster, the guide's contributors include ABB Tropos, Black & Veatch, Black Hills Power, City of Kings Mountain, NC, DVI, Kansas City Board of Public Utilities, Leidos, Milsoft Utility Solutions, Mississippi Electric Power Association, NRECA United Power, WESCO and Wurldtech Security Technologies.